Batteries Blamed For Townhouse Fire

(Honolulu, HI) -- Batteries are being blamed for a fire that ripped through a townhouse complex in Ewa Beach earlier this month. The February 1st fire at the Arbors complex burned four units and did nearly 700-thousand dollars worth of damage. Honolulu Fire Department officials now say the cause of the fire was some batteries that were being used for radio-controlled airplanes. The batteries were being charged on a table in a garage when they overheated and sparked the fire.